E' facile e ci vuole un minuto.
Sei già registrato su Excursiopedia? Iscriviti!
Non sei ancora iscritto ad Excursiopedia? Registrati!
Cliccando su "Connettiti con Facebook" o "Crea il mio account" confermi di accettare i Termini e le Condizioni Excursiopedia.
This is the easiest route to take to ascend Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa with its two main summits, the craggy Mawenzi, 5149m, and the 'flat-topped', glaciated Kibo, 5896m. The Saddle, a 5km wide, high-altitude, semi-desert separates the two. From the summit glaciers, screes, cliffs, afro-alpine moorland then forests lead down to the cultivated foothills. The Marangu route takes you at a gentle pace through these dramatically different zones.
For the ascent to Uhuru Peak from Kibo Hut a very early start is made since the scree is easier to climb when frozen and the views from the crater rim at dawn can be spectacular.
Ski sticks are useful when ascending the scree to the summit.
Accommodation on the mountain is in comfortable huts you will require a sleeping bag, a mat is provided.
This is a tough walking trip but within the limits of a fit individual used to walking in mountain areas. An extra day for acclimatisation to the altitude can be spent at Horombo. From Horombo there are various walks to enjoy.
- Arrive hotelDrive Marangu Gate, Walk through the rain forest to Mandara hut (2743m),About 3 hours. Leave the forest and cross open moor land to Horombo hut (3760m).Rest and acclimatization day at Horombo Hut.Day walk to Zebra Rocks or to Mawenzi Hut. This day can be missed out making a 7 day itinerary. Walk through moorland then alpine desert to «The Saddle» between the peaks of Mawenzi and Kibo.From here you will walk for about an hour to reach Kibo hut (4730m).Very early start for the summit on steep scree up to Gillman's Point (5681m) which is on the crater rim. Continue around the rim (which will take about two hours if you are fit) to Uhuru Peak (5895m) the highest point in Africa; descend to Kibo for tea and full breakfast to Horombo for overnight.Descend from Horombo Hut then down to the thicker air an relative warmth to Marangu gate, then transfer to HotelFly back to your next destination
The programme is available all the year round.
The main routes to Kibo are:
The Marangu Route offers walking on gentle forest and moorland paths up to 4700m. Above, scree leads to Gillman's Point on the often snowy crater rim which is followed to Uhuru Peak. Accommodation is in huts.
The Machame and Umbwe Routes are tougher. Steep forest paths, easy scrambling and airy ridges lead to the final screes and hence the crater. Nights are spent in tents. The Mweka Route is generally used to descend after either of the last two routes.
The Shira, Nanjara and Rongai (Oloitokitok) Routes are more remote but can be organised by us, the Rongai Route is popular with those looking for a less demending route but away from the busy Marangu Route… The remote Lemosho Glades Route, is particularly beautiful and goes through one of the few areas on Kilimanjaro that is rich in game.
A popular route following steep paths through magnificent forests to gain a ridge leading through the moorland zones to the Shira Plateau. It then traverses beneath the glaciated precipices of the south face of Kibo providing superb views of the Southern Icefields. An extra day could be added to the itinerary, spent either on the Shira Plateau, where you could walk to the Shira Needles, or camping in the Karanga Valley.
The final ascent is made very early in the morning from the Barafu Hut. The Mweka Route is used for the descent.
Accommodation on the mountain is in tents; you will need a sleeping bag and but a sleeping mat is provided. The porters will pitch the tent for you but are welcome help if you wish.
This is a strenuous walking trip but within the limits of a fit individual used to walking in mountain areas. Ski sticks or walking poles are useful when ascending the scree to the summit.
1. Arrive at the Hotel (B&B).
2. Drive to Machame village. The climb begins at the end of the tarmac road. Walk through shambas then forest to the Machame hut (3000m, about 6 hours).
3. Continue along the steep ridge going on to rock ridges and through heather. The route turns west into a river gorge, reaching Shira hut at 3800m, 5 hours.
4. Continue east towards Kibo passing the junction, then east towards the Lava Tower. Shortly after this, you descend to Barranco hut (3940m, 4 hours).
5. A short scramble to the top of the Great Barranco and then a traverse over scree and ridges to the Karanga Valley (4000m, 3 hours), beneath the icefalls of the Heim, Kersten and Decken Glaciers. After climbing out of the Karanga Valley the trail ascends a ridge to the Barafu Hut, a bleak location with little vegetation at 4600m, (3 hours walking). Video
6. An early start for the ascent to the rim of the Kibo Crater between the Rebmann and Ratzel Glaciers, (4 hours); the last section before the rim can sometimes be snow-covered and an ice-axe or ski stick is useful for balance. From here a further hour leads to Uhuru Peak, from where there are often fine views of Meru to the west and the jagged peak of Mawenzi to the east. Descend to the Barafu Hut for a rest and lunch before continuing on down to camp at Mweka Hut in the giant heather zone on the forest edge. Those with energy on the summit may wish to descend to the Reutsh Crater and visit the dramatic ice pinnacles of the Eastern Icefields. Video
7. A 3-4 hour descent through beautiful forest brings you to the Park gate and your waiting transport. Drive back to the hotel.
8. Depart hotel after breakfast. Transfer to airport or continue on an extension.
Western Breach Variation: Umbwe Route then Uhuru Point by the Western Breach
This is a really steep, hard but short route to the summit from Arrow Glacier Camp which is itself reached in about 4 hours from the Barranco Hut. From December to February crampons and ice axes may be needed. Some prefer to start from the slightly more comfortable but lower Lava Tower camp — this adds just over an hour to the ascent.
The programme is available all the year round.
Incluso nel prezzo
Included in the cost :
All park fees, guides, porters, cook, all meals on the mountain,all wages for guides ,porters and cooks
Hotel Moshi two Nights
Escluso dal prezzo
Not included in the cost:
Tips, airport transfers, extra drinks and additional meals at the hotel,hotel Nairobi.
Luogo in cui l'esperienza ha inizio
NAIROBI,JOMO KENYATTA AIRPORT OR KILIMANJARO AIRPORT
Prezzi & Prenotazioni
- Clicca su Prenota e seleziona le date e le preferenze
- Paga con carta di credito o Paypal
- Ricevi la conferma dalla guida e il voucher
Questa esperienza si può prenotare solo sino a massimo 20 giorni prima che inizi. Termini e condizioni di cancellazione e conferma
Reservation/Booking Conditions: Payment for the total price is due in advance; 50% deposit soonest possible upon confirming your booking in order to guarantee the reservation into our bank account by telegraphic transfer and the balance 30 days prior to safari departure.
Cencellazione & modifica
Condizioni per la modifica delle attività offerte
Transportation: Cars, minibuses, land rovers, coaches or trucks will be provided depending on the route and the number of participants. The right is reserved to employ the services of sub-contractors. English speaking driver/guides are provided. Accommodation: Based on two persons sharing a double room/tent. Where possible rooms with private baths are provided. Single rooms are available at an additional cost but cannot be guaranteed. Hotels/lodges are named as an indication of category and rooms can be reserved at similar hotels/lodges Alteration to tours: The company reserves the right to alter the arrangement or cancel the operation of a scheduled tour should conditions so necessitate. It also reserves the right to decline to accept or retain any personas a member of any tour at any time, in which case an equitable amount will be refunded. Prices are based on tariffs and other costs prevailing at the time of printing and are subject to change without notice. Liability: The company and its agents act only as agents for the passenger in all matters relating to hotels/lodge accommodation, tours, transport, etc. and shall not be liable for injury, delays, loss or damage in any manner. The company's liability to passengers carried in its own vehicles is governed by the laws of the country in which the tour takes place and no other country. All claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the country in which the action arise. The company reserves the right to employ sub-contractors for all or part of the services.
Condizioni per la cancellazione
Cancellation: Any monies paid will be refunded less the cost of cancellation fees levied by hotels, food purchases and any other relevant expenses.