Florence is one of the most artistic cities to visit in Italy, as well as in Europe. Florence is home of the Uffizi Gallery, which houses important paintings of the Renaissance Era. Some of the paintings that can be found in Uffizi Palace are Botticelli’s “The Birth of Venus” and “Spring", Leonardo Da Vinci's "Annunciation" and Michelangelo's "Tondo Doni”. Most tours Florence provide Uffizi art appreciation. After viewing these Renaissance paintings, tours in Florence may take you to the Florence' medieval world. Around the medieval part of the city, the Churches of Santa Croce and Santa Maria Novella can be found. In medieval times, citizens of Florence used to flock to the old Pharmacy of Santa Maria Novella, which is one of the oldest pharmacies in the world, set up by Dominican friars in the year 1221 to buy medicine for the sick. For more artwork in Florence, visitors can take another tour to Museo degli Argenti (the Silver Museum) to view a collection of vases, cabinets, and ivories adorned with semi-precious stones; and Cappelle Medici (Medici Chapels) to admire wonderful Florentine mosaics.
Interesting in Florence
- Florence Combo: Skip-the-Line Uffizi Gallery, Vasari Corridor and Accademia Gallery Tour
- Florence Combo: Skip-the-Line Uffizi Gallery, Vasari Corridor and Pitti Palace Palatine Gallery Tour
- Tuscany Hiking Tour from Florence Including Wine Tasting and Lunch
- Pisa and Cinque Terre Day Trip from Florence by Train
- Skip the Line: Pitti Palace and Palatine Gallery Walking Tour